What you need to know before joining a firm for Architecture Training – A LiveStreamed Course
The introductory Crash Course we offer is what you need to know for your Architecture Training before you join an architecture firm. It is an amalgamation of the working drawing class and relevant building construction knowledge to help you to build on what you know from architecture school, and teaches you how this knowledge may be fruitfully applied at Architecture training as a young architect in practise. We also cover the functioning of an office and an introduction to the ‘insides’ of an office, to help you calm the nerves of being in that environment for the first time, so you have an idea of what to expect! The course will be completely online, with each livestreamed to you.
This is a course for a the students of Architecture, about to go into Architecture Training. (6th Semester students of BArch, and above. Read the requirements section)
SYLLABUS OVERVIEW of the Crash Course for Students of Architecture Training #3 (Intent)
The Architecture training period of a students’ career is an important and decisive one. It lays the first course in what will hopefully become a super structure of it’s own. Being at the end of your student career, it is assumed that you have adequate knowledge about Buildings and Construction to fit into an office and be useful to it.
While this is taught in college, the practicality is perhaps not as emphasised as it should be, leaving both the intern and the office in a lurch.
We hope to rectify this situation, by giving the students that basic knowledge, as a short lecture course.
- The practicality behind the design of simple building components, as part of a whole.
- The drawings necessary to transfer the design thought into built structure.
- An accumulated set of basic details necessary for the construction of a generic building.
DURATIONS AND TIMINGS
10 hours of lectures (LiveStreamed) (1 hr x 10)
5 hours of Questions and Answers (Live) (1/2 Hr x 10)
Dates to be announced.
- 1st Episode : 7:00 – 8:00 pm(followed by Q & A)
- 2nd Episode :7:00 – 8:00 pm (followed by Q & A)
- 3rd Episode : 7:00 – 8:00 pm (followed by Q & A)
- 4th Episode : 7:00 – 8:00 pm (followed by Q & A)
- 5th Episode : 7:00 – 8:00 pm (followed by Q & A)
- 6th Episode : 7:00 – 8:00 pm (followed by Q & A)
- 7th Episode : 7:00 – 8:00 pm (followed by Q & A)
- 8th Episode : 7:00 – 8:00 pm (followed by Q & A)
- 9th Episode : 7:00 – 8:00 pm (followed by Q & A)
- 10th Episode : 7:00 – 8:00 pm (followed by Q & A)
Videos of the Lectures will be available up to 4 hours after the stream.
- 6th Semester Students of BArch and above. (If you aren’t an architecture student, but think you have the knowledge necessary to follow along, please write to us.)
- Basic Knowledge and familiarity with terms such as Masonry, RCC, Beams, Columns, Centerlines, Plans, Sections, Details, Dimensioning, etc are assumed.
- No software “tips and tricks” will be discussed. We concentrate on the Architectural Content and nothing else.
- No Practical Demonstrations of the methods explained, we will however go through the most common issues on site, and the simple solutions employed to tackle them.
- Before each episode, you will be sent an invite link to watch the LiveStream on the registered gmail* account. (Gmail account required)
- Attendance, if you sign up, is compulsory. Missing a class might not allow you to follow along in the further classes. All Episodes are linked, rather than stand alone independent Lectures. (Classes will be online for upto 4 hours after the stream. No offline access.)
- If a LiveStream class cannot be attended, we can extend access to you at a later time. (Coordinated with us, and the registered id will be given access for a particular scheduled duration.)
- The course will be LiveStreamed, so a good internet connection (stream will be Full HD 1080p) and a big enough screen to watch it on are a must.
- Knowledge of basic browsing skills such as chatting to ask a question, or altering Stream Quality, may be required.
Introductory offer! The Course is priced at 8,500/- as a one time payment. It gives you access to 10 x One Hour Lecture series AND 10 x Half hour exclusive Q & A sessions, with Architects, and Course Instructors.
Orders once confirmed cannot be cancelled.
If there are issues during payment (like paying twice for one transaction), the one transaction amount will be refunded via same source within 15 to 20 working days.
A portion of your fees will be donated to a worthy cause, in the field of education.